What is a Postpartum Doula? A Postpartum Doula supports families in their homes after the birth of their baby. I can provide support starting from the time you arrive home, until you decide you’re ready to be on your own.
What types of services does one offer?
- Emotional and physical support. Breastfeeding support
- Light housekeeping & Light meal prep.
- Sibling care
- Referrals to other providers for mom groups, pediatricians, fitness, baby wearing. I also support families prior to birth with bed rest care, nursery set up, registry creation, and more.
Are Postpartum Doulas only for people with postpartum depression or anxiety? Postpartum doula support is meant for anyone who wants support after they bring their new baby home. I am trained to know what Postpartum Depression and Anxiety are, so I can refer my clients speak to their provider about how they’re feeling, when necessary.
What does it cost? Packages start at $500 and vary based on how we customize a package for your family.
Is a doula covered by insurance? They are not covered by insurance. However, doulas are a great gift to add to a baby registry and can be paid for by credit card.
Who uses a doula? There are many reasons why a family choses to hire a doula. I support families that:
- Rather *not* have family come in, or don’t have that option.
- Want an expert!
- Want to sleep at night as much as possible. Families can really benefit from overnight support and if that’s not an option with grandparents, etc. they will hire me for that assistance.
- Single parents and families with very busy lives also benefit from the support of a postpartum doula.
- And many more scenarios!